Custom design bindings reflect the matter of the book and the eye of the owner, bringing color, texture, and shape to a binding. Edition and case bindings match materials in leather, paper, or cloth with the era and aesthetics of the text itself.
Fine and custom bookbinding is available for any project, script, story, or edition, from one item to two hundred.
Every stage of the custom book process can be accommodated in the studio, to create books in covered leather, cloth, and paper. Working with the client, from the design to the completion, services include:
- single and multiple copies of hard-bound scripts, theses, or memory books, with custom artwork foil-stamped on the cover;
- compiled photo albums and scrap books, arranged in a custom cover;
- working with artists and designers on limited edition, finely printed books and portfolios, designed and bound so that the structure supports the aesthetics of the text and images;
- design and leather bindings for contemporary books for presentation and collection;
- prop books in a variety of historical styles, to specification;
- page layout in InDesign from provided text or images;
- commercial printing in color and black and white on a range of papers (through relationships with local printing companies).
Bookbinding services include individual and edition custom books in leather and cloth; custom photo albums or scrapbooks; and boxes and protective enclosures for photos, manuscripts, or fragile items; and related commissions for individuals as well as institutional clients.
Custom design bindings reflect the matter of the book and the eye of the owner, bringing color, texture, and shape to a binding. Edition and case bindings use the materials of leather, paper, or cloth with the era and aesthetics of the text itself, or with historical eras or visual effects.
Projects that use modern and contemporary materials include single and edition artist's books, printed and bound scripts and theses, and scrapbooks and photo albums arranged and constructed from the image to the bound book. Presentation copies, fine bindings, and historic bindings for collection and prop use are also available.